|Location Map ( geo)|
|City of London|
|A4, A40, A4208, B500, B521|
|Junctions related to the A4208|
As its name suggests, for most of its life it was a roundabout; it was built in 1867. In recent times it has functioned more like a standard traffic light junction which happens to have an island in the middle; the island was actually a statue of Prince Albert.
The junction had a poor safety record, and was adjusted in 2013. As part of this, the Prince Albert statue was removed in July 2013.
|Aldwych||New Fetter Lane|
|West End, Holborn||High Holborn|
|Stratford, Barbican||Holborn Viaduct|
|Blackfriars Bridge||St Andrew Street|
|Kings Cross, Smithfield||Charterhouse Street|