|From:||Offham Road, Lewes (TQ402111)|
|To:||Brighton Road, Lewes (TQ405100)|
|Length:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Met (1923):||A275, A26|
|Now part of:||A275|
|Route outline (key)|
The A276 ran along Nevill Road in Lewes, providing a link between the A275 and the A26 (later A27 and now A277) west of the town centre. It still existed in 1960, but has since been taken over by the mainline of the A275, the old route of that road having become the A2029.
The original route of the A276 was supposed to be from Worthing to Newhaven via Brighton, but that was renumbered as an extension of the A259 at the last minute (also causing the B259 to be created), leaving the number to be allocated to a short spur unworthy of a 3-digit number.