(former A720) near Roberton
Long before it migrated to Edinburgh, the A720 was a link road in Lanarkshire.
Starting on the A702 between Abington and Roberton, a mile short of the A74 junction in the former, the road headed north on the left bank of the River Clyde passing through no places of note once Roberton had been left behind. Presently the road ended on the A72 to the west of Symington where traffic turned left for Lanark.
Both the A720 and the Symington to Lanark section of the A72 became part of an extended A73 in the 1935 renumbering.