|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||5.8 miles (9.3 km)|
|Met (1956):||A75, A748, A757, A716|
|Now part of:||B7084, B7077, A716|
|Route outline (key)|
The A715 was a short road with an interesting history in southwest Scotland.
The road's original route, as given in the 1922 Road Lists, left the A75 at Whitecrook, two miles west of Glenluce, and headed westwards, passing the end of the A716 at Kildrochet House to end on the A77 at Corner House, near Lochans.
In the mid-1920s the route was changed so it ran along the coast to meet the A716 at Sandhead, thus taking over the majority of the B736. The former A715 to Corner House became the A757 as far as the end of the A716, which was itself extended to Corner House to meet the A77.