The A769 was a short link road in central Kirkcudbrightshire.
Starting on the A702 to the east of St John's Town of Dalry, the road headed south passing the occasional building but no settlement of any size. After passing a left turn to the village of Balmaclennan the road ended at a T-junction on the A712 to the west of the village and a mile or so east of New Galloway.
Unclassified in 1922, the A769 came into being in the early 1930s. It survived until the 1990s but has since been downgraded to Class II status, becoming the B7075.