The A750 was a short A-road at the tip of the Machars peninsula.
Isle of Whithorn
Starting on the A746 towards the south of Whithorn the route headed south on Isle Street, quickly reaching the edge of this small town. It then curved round to head south eastwards across the undulating land of the Machars. Presently, at Doon of Arbrack, a T-junction was met where the A750 had to TOTSO left (right was the A747 along the west coast). Continuing along a straight road the terrain became flatter before the road entered the village of Isle of Whithorn (no longer a true island). On reaching the coast the route met the B7063, which came in from the north, before running around the edge of the harbour to end at the pier.
Originally unclassified, the A750 was one of the earlier routes to be added to the list of A roads in South West Scotland. It seems likely that this happened in 1925, and evidence of other similar instances would suggest that for a very brief period, probably only a year, the route was a B road, although no evidence confirming this, let alone what number it may have carried, has yet been found. The A750 lasted until at least the 1970s the road has since been downgraded and is now part of the B7004.