|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Genoch Mains (NX131558)|
|Distance:||4.3 miles (6.9 km)|
|Met:||A715, A716, A77|
|Now part of:||B7077|
|Route outline (key)|
The A757 was a short A-road in south Wigtownshire.
Starting on the A715 at Genoch Mains the road headed westwards, initially along a straight road. Following a few bends the road reached the A716 at Kildrochet and turned right to multiplex along that road for a short distance. The A757 then regained its number to turn left and end shortly afterwards on the A77 at Lochans.
The A757 did not exist in the 1922 Road Lists but came into being later in the 1920s when the A715, which originally ran along its eastern section, was rerouted to join the A716 closer to Sandhead. The short section between the A716 and A77, initially unclassified, was also given the A757 number. In more recent years the A715 and A757 have both been downgraded, with our road becoming the B7077.