The B8072 is one of the roads on the Isle of Coll. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in 1930, at the same time as the other roads. It starts on the B8071 and runs north east along the island's northern coast.
From the unmarked junction at Arnabost, the B8072 heads northwards, past Gallanach and on towards the shore. The landscape is a variety of rocky outcrops, sand dunes and a few fields, dotted with occasional houses. After passing the small rocky hill of A' Chròic, old maps suggest that the road once ran closer to the shore, before curving back inland to cross the stream. However, this areas is all sand dunes and any evidence on the ground appears to have been buried.
The tiny settlements of Cornaigbeg and Cornaigmore are quickly passed, and between the two of them is a 50-metre segment with two lanes - one might call it a dual carriageway although it is a rather fanciful description and the two lanes are not properly parallel. Then the road heads eastwards, a little further inland than it has been, for the last mile or so. Being further inland, the landscape is largely rocky moorland, with the road winding round outcrops and through natural cuttings. Eventually this slow road comes to an end at a turning head above the coastal settlement of Sorrisdale, clustered around Sorrisdale Bay at the east end of the island.