The B8030 is a loop off the A81 to serve the centre of Milngavie.
We start at Burnbrae Roundabout, where the B8030 continues the straight-ahead route from the northbound A81. The road is called Main Street, and before long the realigned B8050 arrives on the left at a signalised T-junction. Beyond the lights the B8030 widens to become a dual carriageway, forming the Milngavie town centre relief road. However, almost immediately we pass the end of the town centre stretch of Main Street, shielded by white railings and trees.
We are now on a relatively new piece of road, as we cross the Allander Water on a new bridge. More traffic lights provide access to the Tesco store, and then the road drops back to S2 past Milngavie Station. As we curve round to the right on Woodburn Way, the B8050's original route along the now-pedestrianised Station Road arrives from the left, and so our road picks up the eastern end of Station Road outside the station. Just after passing the Town Hall, we return to the A81 and terminate our route with more traffic lights.
While the B8030 number was not issued in the original 1922 Road Lists, it seems probable that it was issued fairly soon after. While this could indicate that the A81 originally followed this route through Milngavie, the 1923 MOT map is quite explicit in showing the A81 on its present route. The fact that the B8030 number was issued before B8050 does, however, throw up an interesting poing. Looking at an old map, it would seem logical to run the B8050 straight through to the A81. However, as that number was issued later, it must have always met the B8030 in the town centre, with the B8030 forming the loop that it still has.