M4 (Republic of Ireland)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Weston, near Leixlip (O013354)|
|To:||Heathstown, near Kinnegad (N599450)|
|Distance:||46 km (28.6 miles)|
|Route outline (key)|
- J5-J8 opened in 1994 as the "Leixlip Maynooth Kilcock bypass", albeit numbered as J2-4. What is now J6, numbered then as J2a, opened in 2003.
- J9-12 opened in 2005. This section of road is tolled.
- J12-13 also opened in 2005 but as D2AP. It was redesignated as motorway in 2009.
- Enfield Services opened in 2010
Irish Statute Book
- Roads Act 2007 (Declaration of Motorways) Order 2009 - This instrument converts the following sections of the N4 to motorway: Kinnegad to McNead’s Bridge
- Kilcock bypass controversy (1986)
|M4 (Republic of Ireland)|