|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.6 miles (4.2 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B7043 is a short link road to the north of the Rhins of Galloway. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts in a wood at a TOTSO on the B738 and heads eastwards along an S2 road, remaining in the wood which forms part of the grounds of Lochnaw Castle. We skirt the northern side of Lochnaw Loch and then pass a caravan park.
We continue to wind eastwards, still lined with trees, although open fields are occasionally just visible. Presently we cross a burn to enter open country but this doesn't last long. A couple of fields later we reach Leswalt. Entering town along Glen Road we soon give way at a crossroads, where the B7043 ends. The B798 is ahead and to the right.