|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Woodford Wells (TQ403933)|
|To:||Jack's Hill (TQ426994)|
|Distance:||4.4 miles (7.1 km)|
|Met (1923):||A11, B170, B171, A11, B172, A121|
|Now part of:||A121|
|Route outline (key)|
The original route of the B169 was a loop off the A11 (present A104) to serve the Essex village of Loughton. It was therefore more built up than the A11 which was a straight road through Epping Forest.
It started at Woodford Wells and headed north along High Road through Buckhurst Hill then into Loughton. Its diverge from the A11 was halted at Ash Green where it met the B171. The B169 then headed north back to the A11, meeting it at the Wake Arms, near Jack's Hill.
The entire road was renumbered in the mid-1920s as an eastern extension of the A121, which it remains.