|Distance:||1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|Meets:||A1210, A1211, A1202, B108, A1203|
|Route outline (key)|
The B126 runs along Cable Street in London's East End. The road was originally unclassified but the road presumably dates to the early 1920s as the B126 would be the first new Class II road in the area following the original 1922 classification. The whole of the B126 is one-way, although not all the same way, meaning that travelling the whole length of the road by vehicle is not possible.
The western end of the road is not obvious. When originally classified the road started on the A1210 Mansell Street and headed east along Royal Mint Street. Some maps now class this road as a spur of the A1202, with Prescot Street to the north perhaps numbered B126 instead. The B126 definitely comes into its own east of the A1202 Dock Street. Heading east along Cable Street with the DLR immediately to the north the road is one-way westbound. Presently the road is separated from the railway by trees and after crossing the B108 Cannon Street Road there are buildings on both sides. Most are modern, although we do pass the occasional older building such as the town hall for St George's in the East.
We pass Shadwell station on the East London Line and continue on, the DLR now some distance to the north. The spire of St Mary's Cable Street becomes visible and we soon pass the church and then reach Brodlove Lane, where the direction of travel changes to become one-way eastbound. It's not long now before the end of the road and we end on the A1203 Butcher Row.