A1081 (Woodford Spur)
|From:||Gants Hill (TQ431884)|
|To:||Walthamstow Forest (TQ392904)|
|Distance:||2.9 miles (4.7 km)|
|Met:||A106, A123, A113, A11, A104, A503|
|Now part of:||A1400, A406|
|Route outline (key)|
It was allocated the A1081 number in 1925, although the road hadn't yet opened. It was opened not long afterwards between the A106 and A11 (now A1199), with the section to the A104 opened later (shown as under construction on the 1932 OS Maps).
The A1081 number became redundant after World War II when the road became an extension of the A406. The North Circular has since been rerouted and so the section east of the A113 is now numbered A1400.