The B6430 was the A6 through Garstang before that road was moved onto its present bypass around 1930.
The road turns off the A6 at the southern end of the bypass and heads north through an industrial estate into Catterall. On the far side of town we cross the River Calder, a tributary of the Wyre, and pass a golf course before running through Bowgreave. There's then a brief glimpse of open fields as we zigzag to cross the Lancaster Canal and enter Bonds. On the far side of the village we cross the River Wyre to enter Garstang.
On the far side of the river we cross a mini-roundabout to enter a one-way loop, with southbound traffic following the original line of the road. Northbound traffic follows Park Hill Road, which is still two-way to begin with but becomes one-way after the second mini-roundabout. After passing Booths a roundabout is reached from where the A6 is signed to the left; however, the B6430 takes the road to the right, following the two-way Croston Road to a mini-roundabout where it rejoins the southbound route. Heading south from this roundabout the B6430 follows the High Street then bears left by the market cross to follow Bridge Street back to the Wyre.
Continuing north we leave town along Lancaster Road, with the road remaining built-up for the rest of its route. Presently we reach journey's end back on the A6 at the northern end of the bypass.