|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||New Ollerton (SK655676)|
|Distance:||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Former Number(s):||A614, A616, A611|
|Route outline (key)|
The road starts on a simple fork junction with the A614, where the main road forms a modern bypass of the village, with our B-road being the old route. The bypass is older than expected, however, being in place by 1930 with the A614 now skirting the village on the way to the A1. On reaching the centre of the old part of Ollerton, the road makes a left turn onto Market Place, then a right turn onto Main Street shortly afterwards. The Market Place doesn't have a square as such, more a wide street that could accommodate stalls on each side. However this road, before the A616 was routed to the north of the old village, was actually the A616 to Newark. The western section (to the Ollerton Roundabout) is now closed to all traffic except buses.
The route passes along Main Street, past Ollerton Hall (which is now mostly derelict), and terminates at a T-junction on the present route of the A616. This final section of B6461 was originally the B6033, quickly becoming the A611. Ollerton's northern bypass is slightly newer than its western bypass and so the B6461 was not extended along Main Street till the 1940s.