The B1441 follows the pre-bypass route of the A133 north of Clacton. The road gained its present number in the 1990s.
The road starts at a roundabout on the B1033 on the western edge of Weeley; that road heads west a short distance to reach the A133 from here. We now head south along the Weeley bypass and reach the original line of the A133 (The Street) just before going over the Clacton Branch Line above Weeley station.
Shortly afterwards the road becomes urban for the first time as it goes through the linear village of Weeley Heath. On the far side the road bears left to meet the B1414 then right to enter Little Clacton (although there's nothing to show where the join is). We pass through the village centre and then meet the B1442 at a roundabout on the far side.
There's a brief rural section as we zigzag past a holiday park and then enter Clacton-on-Sea. We head south along London Road and shortly end at a roundabout where the A133 regains its old route.
The 0.6 mile Weeley Bypass opened in July 1939. Included in the contract was a new 3 span reinforced concrete railway bridge with 5 approach spans to replace the level crossing south of the village. Overall length was 425 feet and width 72 feet. Contractor was J.L.Eve (Construction) Co, Ltd, tender cost £24,738.