The B1461 is a short link road in north London. The road was originally unclassified but had gained Class II status by 1932. However, as the area was west of the A1 at that time this must have been a 5-zone number, although which number is unknown. The road presumably got its present number when the A1 was moved onto its current route in the 1950s.
The road starts at a T-junction on the A1 Barnet bypass; northbound traffic on that road has to continue past the junction to U-turn at Mill Hill Circus but all other movements are permitted. Initially the B1461 goes eastwards along Daws Lane, then TOTSOs left to run north along Hammers Lane past Mill Hill School. It ends at a triangular junction on the B552.