The B1435 is an L-shaped road connecting Bungay town centre with the B1062 southern bypass in both directions. The road was originally unclassified west of the A144 and numbered A145 to the east; the latter became the A1116 in 1935. Owing to the short length of the road it is not known when the B1435 number came to the area. However, the western half of the road is given Class II status on maps after World War II and so it can be assumed that the number dates to the 1930s or 1940s; when the A1116 was downgraded the B1435 was then extended east.
The road starts on the southern edge of town on the B1062 Hillside Road West and heads north along the residential, and surprisingly narrow, Flixton Road. The road name changes to Upper Olland Street and reaches the town centre; the final stretch is more-or-less S1 before we get to a T-junction on the A144 in the town's one-way system.
There's a multiplex north into the Market Place where the B1435 regains its number by heading south along Trinity Street and pass between two churches. After a left-hand bend the mainline of the B1435 bears left whilst the one-way loop continues to the right (and has to TOTSO); this follows Wharton Street back to the A144 and through traffic on the B1435 turns right then left shortly afterwards.
Now two-way once more the B1435 continues east along Staithe Road, which is marked as S2 for the first time on the route. We zigzag onto Beccles Road and continue east through the suburbs, ending at a triangular junction back on the B1062, now called Hillside Road East. That road TOTSOs here, showing the old priorities.