The B1450 runs through the southern suburbs of Scunthorpe. The road was originally the mainline of the A18, gaining its number when that road was given its current route in 1935 and Kingsway and Queensway had been built and opened in 1933 and 1934.
The road starts on the A18 after that road has crossed the River Trent and then returned to ground level. We head south alongside the A18 embankment and then go under the railway line which has crossed the Trent on the same bridge as the road.
We head south, with the Trent embankment on our right, following the river into Burringham. There's a left turn at a mini-roundabout and then we head into the open fields, zigzagging right then having to TOTSO left to regain our easterly course; the road right from this junction is an alternative route back to Burringham. After a few more bends we climb to cross a bridge over the M181 and then pass a golf course to reach the edge of Scunthorpe.
After crossing a roundabout we continue east along the residential Burringham Road, passing a park and going over a few mini-roundabouts. Presently we reach traffic lights where the A159 comes in from the right and takes our alignment for a short distance to the next set of lights where it TOTSOs left and we continue ahead. The road now runs along Ashby High Street, which has shops and houses and a bit of traffic calming. Presently the road reaches traffic lights on the B1501, where it ends. Prior to the inauguration of that road the B1450 continued ahead along a route now closed to through traffic to return to the A18.