Junction of Boat Road and High Road - where the A914
originally met the A954
The A954 was allocated to High Road in Newport-on-Tay, which allowed traffic to pass between the A914 and A92 bypassing what was then the terminal to the Dundee ferry on Boat Road.
Today, the road is part of the B946 one way system, presumably as a result of general downgrading of roads following the completion of the Tay Road Bridge in 1966.
Although the road existed in the 1922 Road Lists it is clearly a late entry. The other A95x roads are in Aberdeenshire or Banffshire and the road is not marked on the corresponding MOT Map at all, even as a local road.