|Distance:||0.9 miles (1.4 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The A903 is perhaps the shortest A-road in Edinburgh; it is little more than the full length of Granton Road and is the continuation of the A901.
Granton - Trinity
The road starts at the Granton Square roundabout where it meets the A901. It initially heads east, climbing above the terraced houses in the parallel A901 Lower Granton Road, before a gentle right-hand bend takes the road southwards where it continues through suburban housing, ending at a signal-controlled junction where it meets the A902 Ferry Road opposite Inverleith Parish Church. Of historical significance is the fact that the road formed the boundary between Edinburgh and Leith until 1920, with the boundary line running along the centre of Granton Road.
Original Author(s): Steven Oliver