|Distance:||1.6 miles (2.6 km)|
|Old route now:||A970|
|Route outline (key)|
The A969 is a short A-road in the Shetland capital of Lerwick.
Starting at its northern end with a mini-roundabout junction on the A970 in the Garthspool area of town, the road roughly follows the coastline to the east. It passes in front of the old harbour and the ferry to Bressay.
After turning westwards the A969 reaches the only full roundabout on Shetland, at the Clickimin junction (South Road). Here the road once again meets the A970 and ends.
In 1922, the eastern end of the A969 was only by the pier in Lerwick. However, the road was much longer than now as it continued west from Garthspool to the west coast at Scalloway, along what is now the A970. The road was soon extended clockwise to Clickimin and was only shortened when the A970 was extended considerably after World War II.