|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||5.8 miles (9.3 km)|
|Met (1946):||A823, A985, A823, A90|
|Now part of:||B9156, A985, A921|
|Route outline (key)|
Starting on the A823 to the south of Dunfermline town centre (the road never met the A907) the road headed more-or-less due south to reach the A985 near Limekilns. It then turned eastwards to cross the A823 (now unclassified to the left and B980 to the right) in Rosyth before continuing on to end on the A90 (now B981).
The southern section was renumbered as an eastward extension of the A985 in the 1950s, as that was the through route and the northern half has since been downgraded to the B9156. Construction of the M90 downgraded the parallel A90, so the original eastern end of the A906 is now part of the A921.
Original Author(s): David D Miller
This page contains scans from Ordnance Survey New Popular Edition maps supplied by http://npemap.org.uk and are distributed via the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial Licence, which can be viewed at http://www.npemap.org.uk/tileLicence.html