|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Bridge of Dee (NJ927039)|
|Distance:||1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|Now part of:||A956|
|Route outline (key)|
The A945 was Riverside Drive (formerly Riverside Road) in Aberdeen.
It started on the A9013 (formerly A92) Holburn Street a little north of Bridge of Dee, although at one time it used to start at the bridge itself, and ran along the River Dee to the A956 next to the Queen Elizabeth Bridge. However, it appears that it previously crossed the Dee to meet the A956, by using the old suspension bridge. This involved passing under the bridge, and then doubling back to cross the river.
In 1922, the A956 did not exist and so the A945 continued beyond the bridge along the left bank of the Dee, then turned along Market Street through the docks to end on Union Street, which was the A92.
The A945 lost its number in 2020 following a significant reclassification of routes within Aberdeen.