Approaching Brae Cottages, below the Hill of Garvock
The B9120 is a secondary road in south Kincardineshire. The road was originally unclassified; it had gained its number east of Laurencekirk by 1932 and west by 1935.
From the B966 east of Fettercairn the road runs southeasterly via Blackiemuir to Laurencekirk, where – not long after crossing the Glasgow to Inverness railway line – the first section of the route comes to an end at a T-junction with the A937 High Street. To continue, we need to turn left here and follow the High Street northeastward for some 600 m, before the B9120 sets off again from a sharp (and unsigned) right turn by a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Running southeastward again, we leave Laurencekirk and immediately cross the town's bypass, the dual-carriageway A90, at a right-left staggered junction. This second part of the route takes us over the Hill of Garvock and through Longleys before the B9120 ends, just after passing Lauriston Castle and within sight of the sea, at a crossroads on the A92 some 2.5 km eastnortheast of St Cyrus.