Northern end of the B9106, looking towards Maud
The B9106 is one of two B-roads serving the village of Maud in north east Aberdeenshire. It connects the A948 and A950, but few people will need to use it as a through route.
Starting on the A948 about a mile and a half south east of New Deer, the B9106 heads north east through the scattered settlement of Drymuir to reach Maud. Just after entering the village, the B9106 meets the B9029 at a diagonal crossroads, which is lined as a staggered crossroads. The B9029 has priority, although here we get somewhat confused. The B9029 is the older route, dating back to 1922, whilst the B9106 is a later addition, albeit existing by 1932. It seems logical, therefore, that the B9029 would be continuous through the village. However, the OS and Google both show the B9029 multiplexing with the B9106, which to add to the confusion forms a complete triangle around the village. Signage on the ground disagrees, with the eastern side of the triangle (Station Road) not signed at all. As the roads are not one-way, there seems no reason why the B9106 would ever have usurped the B9029 and indeed Aberdeenshire Council's official list of roads does state that the latter road still follows its original route through town, whilst Station Road is a spur of our road.
Returning to the crossroads, the B9106 continues its journey north east along Victoria Street and past the spur of Station Road. Leaving the village behind, the road runs through farmland dotted with houses once more, coming to an end a little over a mile later on the A950 at Tillypestle.