|To:||Dysart (N) (NT293953)|
|Length:||6 miles (9.7 km)|
|Meets:||A92, B921, A92, A921|
|Former Number(s):||A911, B921, A92|
|Route outline (key)|
The B9130 is one of those roads that has been stitched together from a variety of other roads. It runs around the eastern side of Glenrothes, through Markinch, and then heads south towards Kirkcaldy on the former route of the A92. The road originally came to the area around 1930, as a short road in Markinch, and while this is all that is shown on the 1976 OS Landranger map, it has since been extended substantially in both directions.
Starting at a roundabout on the A92, the road heads east towards Markinch along the former route of the A911. After a sharp right turn in the town centre, the road crosses the railway, and keeps right, to join its original, short route. For the next mile, the B9130 follows a route it has had since it was originally classified. We soon go over the A911 then, in the simplest of grade-separated junctions, an unclassified road heads left to reach that road. Our road then crosses a wide island in the River Leven to reach a T-junction. This is the old end of the B9130, the other two arms of the junction formerly being the B921. Now, however, the road to the east is unclassified, and the road ahead is an extension of the B9130.
Curving round to the west, and recrossing the railway, the B9130 reaches a roundabout. Ahead is what is now the B921, quickly leading to the A92, whilst the B9130 turns left, onto a new road which crosses the modern line of the A92 before picking up that road's historical route into Thornton. Another railway is crossed, next to Glenrothes With Thornton Station, and then the road runs south, roughly parallel to the A92 before the two converge at the Redhouse Roundabout, with the A921 continuing ahead into Kirkcaldy.