|Distance:||5.7 miles (9.2 km)|
|Now part of:||B1062, B1435|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1116 was a relatively short A-road in north Suffolk.
The road started on the original line of the A146 in the New Market in Beccles. It left town along Ballygate before heading west across the fields. The road passed through Barsham and Mettingham to reach Bungay, where it ended on the A144 in the centre of town.
The A1116 was original the entire route of the A145. That road was quickly extended south of Beccles and then in 1935 the original section of that road was renumbered A1116 to dissuade its use as a through route.
More recently, Beccles and Bungay have both been bypassed and so the A1116 has been downgraded. The majority of the road is now an extension of the B1062, which already existed west of Bungay. However, this does not cover the whole of the ex-A1116: the remainder in Bungay is now the B1435 whilst that part in Beccles is unclassified.