The A1118 was a short A-road to the south of Lowestoft town centre. It ran parallel to the main A12 for about a mile, albeit a block closer to the coast. As a strategic part of the network it served no purpose whatsoever.
The road started on the A12 London Road South in Kirkley. It headed east along Kensington Road to within sight of the sea before turning north along Kirkley Cliff Road. This was followed north into town, passing the Claremont Pier before a bend took the road onto Marine Parade. The road reached the harbour to return to the A12 just before its bridge over the Inner Harbour.
The A1118 was unclassified in 1922 but came into existence later, presumably to serve this part of Lowestoft, although its closeness to the A12 makes it difficult to determine exactly when. The A12 has now been rerouted and the old road renumbered B1532 - and the A1118 has gained that number as well, as the two roads form a one-way system to the south of Lowestoft town centre.