|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Newnham Road (TL443577)|
|To:||Newmarket Road (TL461588)|
|Distance:||1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|Met (1932):||A603, A10, A132, A45|
|Now part of:||A1134, A603|
|Route outline (key)|
The A1120 was the original Cambridge southern bypass, upgraded from the B1046 in the early 1930s.
Starting on the A603 Newnham Road the A1120 headed east along The Fen Causeway, which was only built in the mid-1920s (and opened as part of the B1046). A staggered crossroads took the road over the A10 Trumpington Road, after which the road ran northeastwards along Lensfield Road and East Road, to end on the A45 Newmarket Road.
In 1935, the A1120 was renumbered as an eastern extension of the A603 itself. The Fen Causeway has since been renumbered as part of the A1134 ring road, although the A603 is still here as the junior partner in a multiplex.