B122 (Northern Ireland)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||14.1 miles (22.7 km)|
|Meets:||B83, B46, B168, A4|
|Route outline (key)|
The B122 is a cross country road in south County Tyrone. The road was originally unclassified; it gained its number north of Fintona in the mid-1920s and had been extended south by 1930.
The road starts on the B83 to the south of Omagh and heads vaguely southwards across the fields. After going through Tattyreagh we cross the Routig Burn and then follow the Quiggery River to Fintona. The B46 crosses us before we enter the village, then we run through the eastern side of town to reach a T-junction. The road to the right heads into the village centre to meet the B80, with some maps showing it to be a spur of the B122; the mainline, meanwhile, TOTSOs right.
The B168 turns off left and then we enter open country again. After passing a wood we cross the Quiggery again, at a bridge wider than it needs to be, and then the road winds up into the hills. A few sharp bends take us across the moors and then we descend steeply back onto the fields. The road then enters Fivemiletown to end on the A4 loop.