A115 (Leytonstone - Valentines)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.6 miles (4.2 km)|
|Met:||A11, A114, A1008, A123|
|Now part of:||A1008, A12, B192|
|Route outline (key)|
The A115 was a short-lived road in East London, that ran along Cambridge Park, Redbridge Lane, Wanstead Lane and Beehive Lane. It was part of the 1922 scheme but quickly superseded by the A106 Eastern Avenue, which was under construction when the numbering scheme was first published. It appears on the 1923 editions of the half-inch and two-inch MOT maps here and here respectively, but was gone by 1924 when Eastern Avenue opened.
The road was renumbered A12 in the 1950s and has since been heavily upgraded. As such, the majority of the ex-A115 is no longer part of the A12, although the (widened) bridge over the River Roding is. A section of Cambridge Park is numbered A1008 and Beehive Lane is the B192.