A4115 (Aberaeron - Lampeter)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||12.6 miles (20.3 km)|
|Met (1932):||A487, B4339, B4342, B4337, B4341, A485|
|Now part of:||A482|
|Route outline (key)|
The original A4115 ran inland from the Cardiganshire town of Aberaeron along the Aeron Valley.
The road started on the A487 on the eastern side of Aberaeron. It headed south through town and soon crossed the river, after which it turned to run upstream. The river, naturally, has a more winding course than the road - but the road remains as flat as possible and does not climb out of the valley. The first village, Ciliau Aeron, was met after a few miles, after which the valley widened out. The road met a number of Class II roads in quick succession for the couple of miles after Ystrad Aeron; this was also the point where the road left the Aeron behind and climbed to the south via the valley of a small stream.
The road's summit was reached following the final B-road, after which the road went through Pont Creuddyn, where it crossed the Nant Creuddyn stream. This was then followed downstream for a few miles and presently the road reached Lampeter. It ended to the north of the town centre on the A485.
The road was originally numbered B4340 but gained the A4115 number in the mid-1920s. Then in 1935, the A482 was rerouted west of Lampeter and took over the full length of the A4115, leaving the number available for reuse elsewhere.