The A4164 was the main road into the Glamorgan village of Gilfach Goch.
The road started on the A4093 at Hendreforgan and headed north through the village. Although maps are unclear, the road appeared to end at an arbitrary point along this road by the station (which is long-gone), with the B4564 continuing ahead into Gilfach Goch itself.
The road seems to have been classified in 1935. However, the A4164 number is now no more and the road has, quite naturally, become an extension of the B4564.