|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Camp Hill (SP339932)|
|Distance:||3 miles (4.8 km)|
|Now part of:||B4111|
|Route outline (key)|
The A4131 was a short A-road in north Warwickshire.
The road started on the A47 (now B4114) at Camp Hill, to the west of Nuneaton. The road followed a winding course northwestwards, crossing the Coventry Canal and then zigzagging under the West Coast Main Line. It then ran through Mancetter before ending on the original line of the A5, now an unclassified road within the Atherstone bypass.
The road was originally numbered B4115 but gained the A4131 number around 1930. The OS 1" map, which must date to the early 1960s, shows a spur running to the new roundabout at the eastern end of the Atherstone bypass whilst the old A5 was still classified. Later - and some time before the A47 was downgraded - the road regained Class II status, becoming the B4111. The northern spur of the A4131 is now the mainline of that road with the original northern end unclassified.