|From: || Boar's Head Station (SD576087) |
|To: || Duxbury Hall (SD594153) |
|Distance: || 4.6 miles (7.4 km)|
|Met: || A49, B5239, A6 |
|Now part of: || A5106|
|Route outline (key)|
||Boar's Head Station - Duxbury Hall
|This article is about the original A580, which ran between Wigan and Chorley.
For the current A580, the East Lancashire Road, see A580
The former A580 (now A5106
) Wigan Lane
The original use of A580 was for what is now the A5106 between Boar's Head on the A49 north of Wigan, and Duxbury Hall, where it terminated on the A6 south of Chorley.
The number was recycled in 1934 for the then-new Liverpool to Salford route, so this number must have been lost very early on.