The B358 is a secondary road from Hampton Wick following the outskirts of Teddington and terminating in the outskirts of Hounslow.
It starts on the A308 on the corner of Hampton Court Park and Bushy Park (but see History below), to the west of Kingston Bridge and heads north between Bushy Park and Hampton Wick before morphing into the A309 by Teddington Lodge for no apparent reason. The A309 passes through Bushy Park, albeit invisibly as no classified roads cross the park; it reappears here on the northern side of the park. A short distance further on a mini-roundabout is met and the B358 regains its number here by turning left.
The B358 crosses the A313 at a set of traffic lights to the west of Teddington before continuing north to cross a railway line near Fulwell station. It then bends to the left and becomes dual carriageway as far as its junction with the A311, which is controlled by traffic lights. It skirts Fulwell Park before crossing the A305 before becoming dual carriageway again to cross the River Crane and meet the A316 at a roundabout.
The B358 skirts Twickenham before having to TOTSO left onto Nelson Road. It ends soon afterwards at traffic lights on the A314 on the edge of Hounslow Heath. Straight on is the A3063.
The B358 through Greenford in 1923
Originally the B358 was considerably longer at almost 13 miles long. It followed what is now the A3063, bypassing Hounslow to the west. Following a short multiplex along the A3005 through Heston (which route has not changed), it then followed the current A4127 round Southall and through Greenford (although some sections are now bypassed) before ending on the A4005 at Sudbury Hill, near Harrow. The northern section was taken over by the A4127 in the 1950s; the southern section lasted longer.
The southern end of the B358 has also changed but not so spectacularly. In 1922 the B358 ran along Park Road in Hampton Wick after starting on the A310. This road is now unclassified and so the B358 appears to run along Church Grove which was originally the B359. The existence of this latter road is unclear at present. OS mapping labels it B358. However, A-Z make a point of showing Church Grove as B359, and what is more Richmond-upon-Thames council agrees with them, according to [its own roads list]. Or does it? While the road is unsigned from the Kingston direction, it is from the Hampton Court direction, and the advance sign calls it B358. Clearly while Richmond council cannot make up its own mind, this question is unlikely to be resolved in the near future.