The B5430 is a semi-rural B-road in North Wales. It was originally unclassified but gained its number in 1935.
The road starts by the church on the B5101 in Southsea, an urban village to the west of Wrexham. It heads west along Church Road; the High Street, the first turn to the right, is a spur of the B5430 heading north along a one-way road back to the B5101. Continuing west we enter open country but soon reach Coedporth. We skirt the northern edge of town and presently reach a staggered crossroads on the A525. The road ahead is the B5426 giving the impression that the B5430 ends here but that is not the case. In fact we multiplex to the right for about a quarter of a mile then our road regains its number by turning left at a triangular junction.
We follow Old Road Minera over a hill and passing a number of isolated buildings. After going over the top we descend to return to the A525 (which has followed a longer and more winding but flatter route to the north via Bwlchgwyn) at Four Crosses. We go straight over the crossroads and pass briefly into Flintshire as we follow a straight road to Rhydtalog, where the A5104 is crossed at traffic lights. We return to Denbighshire on the far side, which is where the road quality deteriorates. The road narrows and becomes more winding.
We soon reach Gwaianrhyd, where we TOTSO left at a crossroads and the central line returns. After going over a ridge the B5431 comes in from the left as we reach the valley of the River Alyn. To begin with we contour above the river but then move into the valley bottom. The river is crossed, after which we TOTSO left to climb out of the valley. The road ahead is a short-cut to the eastbound A494. Our road, meanwhile, heads west and soon meets the A494 at a T-junction.