The B5098 is a short B-road paralleling part of the A483Wrexham western bypass.
The route starts on the B5605 (former A483) immediately west of the A483/A5152 Rhostyllen interchange and heads north. Within 550 m we reach a T-junction, turn right (the B5097 is the road coming in from our left), bridge the A483, and then immediately TOTSO left. Descending to Bersham Bridge, the A483 now on our left, the B5098 crosses the River Clywedog by means of a high single-arch sandstone bridge, dating from the 1860s.
TOTSOing left again on the far side (the road ahead being the B5099) we continues north for a further kilometre before the route curves round to the right to end on the A525 immediately to the east of that road's junction with the A483.
Clearly, the B5098 existed for many years before the re-routed A483 came to be built on essentially the same alignment. Despite the necessary remodelling of the junctions with the B5097 and A525 that this entailed, the B5098 nevertheless still adheres to almost all of its original 1922 itinerary. The large number of brown visitor-attraction signs to be seen on the route also go some way to explaining why the B5098 was not declassified with the arrival of the new road.