|To:||Cock Bank (SJ356458)|
|Length:||15.7 miles (25.3 km)|
|Meets:||A51, A5115, A534, A525, A528|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5130 is a medium-length road along the border between England and Wales.
The road starts in Boughton, to the east of Chester city centre, at the gyratory where the A5115 meets the A51. It heads south, passing the large houses built alongside the River Dee, and only after a short distance is the river visible. Road and river then part company and the B5130 goes through the suburb of Huntington before crossing a bridge over the A55 Chester bypass.
The road continues south, running parallel to the river. The river is much more winding and gets very close to the road at the Crook of Dee before turning away again. The road goes under a bridge carrying a drive to Eaton Hall, seat of the Duke of Westminster. There is a sharp turn to the right to cross the Aldford Brook on the edge of the village of Aldford before the road goes through Churton. On the far side of the village it TOTSOs left. The road ahead is the original line of the B5130, which went on to end on the A534 in the centre of Farndon (but was then extended to Cock Bank in 1935). However, the A-road now bypasses the village and so the B5130 has been rerouted to meet the bypass.
Following an approximately mile-long multiplex along the A534, the B5130 reappears on the other side of the River Dee (and therefore on the other side of the England/Wales border) on the edge of the neighbouring village of Holt. From here it heads vaguely southwards, passing to the east of the Wrexham Industrial Estate before crossing the River Clywedog at Bowling Bank. This is a narrow, weak bridge and the reason for a weight limit on this section of B5130. Heavier vehicles are directed along unclassified roads through the industrial estate.