|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Cambridge Batch (ST520697)|
|Distance:||9.2 miles (14.8 km)|
|Met (1923):||A37, B3118, B3114, A38, A370, B3130|
|Now part of:||B3130|
|Route outline (key)|
The B3117 was a largely rural B-road in north Somerset.
The road started on the A37 at Belluton, to the north of Pensford, at a triangular junction with the B3118 taking the third side of the triangle. The old route of the B3117 at this junction is now closed to through traffic so all traffic uses the ex-B3118.
The road headed west along the valley of the River Chew, presently reaching Chew Magna, where the B3114 headed off to the left keeping to the river. Meanwhile our road continued west along a tributary to Winford before climbing to the north to reach the A38.
Following a multiplex of a few hundred yards northeast along the A38 the road continued its northwestward route through Barrow Gurney to reach Cambridge Batch. It ended here on the original line of the A370. The road ahead was the B3130 and that road took over the whole of the B3117 in 1935, making the number redundant.