|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Blackmarsh Farm (ST649176)|
|To:||South Street (ST638165)|
|Via:||Oborne Road, Long Street|
|Distance:||1 miles (1.6 km)|
|Now part of:||B3145|
|Route outline (key)|
The B3147 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Loop in Sherbourne (to Cuthbert's Church), by which they mean St Cuthbert's Old Chancel, at the southern end of Oborne.
From 1922 until 1935, the B3147 ran along Long Street and Oborne Road in Sherborne. However, in the renumberings of 1935 it became a spur of the B3145. At the time, North Road (which became another spur of the B3145 later) was unclassified and St Swithin's Road didn't exist!