B500 (Northern Ireland)
|From:||Antrim Road (J332751)|
|To:||Woodvale Road (J314757)|
|Distance:||1.2 miles (1.9 km)|
|Met:||A6, B502, B39|
|Now part of:||A52|
|Route outline (key)|
The B500 was a short link road on the western side of Belfast city centre.
It is described in the 1923 Road Lists as Belfast: from A6 to B39 (Crumlin Road, Clifton Street, Woodvale Road). However, it is not possible for these three streets to be followed in that order and therefore it is assumed that the B500 itself followed Crumlin Road and the other two streets were met at either end.
It appears, therefore, that the road started on the A6, at the junction of Antrim Road and Clifton Street and then headed west along Crumlin Road to end on the B39 Woodvale Road just over a mile further on.
The B500 did not last long. In the mid-1920s its entire length was taken over by the new A52. It remains this number.