|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (1 km)|
|Now part of:||C150|
|Route outline (key)|
The B7035 was a short link road through the Ayrshire village of St Quivox.
The road started at a LILO on the A77 on the edge of Prestwick Airport and headed southeast along a narrow road. A sign at the beginning warns of a low bridge; this is soon reached and we go under a freight railway line to enter St Quivox. Apart from the church few buildings line this road so we soon reenter open country and follow a straight road southeastwards to end at a T-junction on the B743 opposite the Auchincruive estate.
South Ayrshire Council no longer list this as the B7035. Instead, they apply the number to a route further south from Girvan to Dailly. The St Quivox B7035 is listed as the C150 but with many maps still showing it as a B road. While it is not certain, the road is presumed to have been downgraded at some point in recent years.
The B7035 was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
Prior to the construction of the airfield at Prestwick, the B7035 started further north, in Prestwick itself. It forked off the A77 (present A79) in the town centre and ran down Boyd Street before turning left into St Quivox Road. This continued straight ahead at the point where Indale Avenue now turns left, and crossed the airfield to meet the A719 (present A77) at Highfield, a little to the south of the surviving portion of the route, forcing a dogleg.
After the airfield opened, the Prestwick end retained its number into the 1960s, although only as far as the Adamton Road North crossroads.