The B7008 provides a link between the A71 at West Calder and the A70, offering an alternative route between West Lothian and Lanark and the Scottish Borders. The road was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road begins at a traffic light controlled junction with the A71 in the centre of West Calder. Heading south at the lights a sharp dogleg takes us through a residential area where the housing becomes progressively younger from Victorian to 1960s to modern. Before long we leave the houses behind and the limit rises to NSL and we are in the countryside.
The route here varies from open farmland to mature woodland, but before long we are passing a golf course on the right and the small hamlet of Harburn on the left. Passing the clubhouse we pass over the Eastern Extension of the West Coast Mainline, and a near-90° bend. We run briefly alongside the railway line before we turn away and head south again. Soon the road turns arrow-straight and we pass though the managed pine woodland of Camilty Plantation before we reach the end of the road at a T-Junction with the A70.