The B7007 is a link road in south Midlothian. The road was originally unclassified - with the southern end only marked as a track on the 1923 MoT map - but it had gained its present number by 1932.
The road starts deep in the Moorfoot Hills at a TOTSO on the B709, from where it heads north. The valley of the Blackhope Water is followed initially but the road climbs onto a flat section of moorland and goes through a cutting at the summit, just east of Torfichen Hill. After passing the entrance to a wind farm we reach the edge of the mountain range and bear right to descend gently onto the plain ahead of us.
At the bottom of the hill, now in open fields, the road bears left again and continues north. After about a mile of straight road we skirt the grounds of Middleton Hall and end at a T-junction on the A7.