The B7018 is a largely rural road in central Lanarkshire. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
Originally the road started on the A74 Carlisle Road at the Craighead area of Lesmahagow and headed east; this road was severed when the M74 was built so the B7018 now starts half a mile further south, on what is now the B7078. It heads northeast along Eastwood Road and goes over the M74 with no junction then bears left then right to rejoin its original route. We now continue northeastwards across the fields.
After going through the hamlet of Dillerburn the road climbs into the hills and passes close to a small wind farm before bearing sharply right to turn away from Black Hill. The road then winds as it descends into the valley of the River Clyde. The road ends in the valley bottom at a T-junction on the A72 a short distance west of Lanark.