The B7047 is a short local road heading south from the north Ayrshire town of West Kilbride. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts near the station on the B781 one-way loop and heads south along Meadowfoot Road, soon going over the Largs Branch Line at a narrow bridge requiring traffic flow to be controlled by lights. We continue through the suburbs towards Tarbert Hill then bear right at a mini-roundabout to go round the side. After going under the railway line again we enter open country and head south, presently ending at a T-junction on the A78 coast road.