|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.1 miles (1.8 km)|
|Met:||B799, A8, A73|
|Now part of:||B799|
|Route outline (key)|
The B7028 was a short link road in north Lanarkshire. The road was originally unclassified, gaining its number by 1932. However, the B799 had been rerouted along the entire length of our road by 1986, making the B7028 number redundant.
The road started on the B799 north of Holytown by what is now the Newstead Industrial Estate at a junction that no longer exists; upgrades to the A8 and M8 in this area have altered the network somewhat. Our road continued north along Bo'ness Road, soon crossing the A8 at grade before reaching Chapelhall. After going under a railway bridge that has been removed the road ran through the centre of town and ended at a T-junction on the A73 Main Street.